Follow Jessica on Twitter @CrossAndLeaves or follow the Five Leaf Eco-Awards @fiveleafeco

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Welcome to My Blog!

Greetings and welcome to my new blog - Crown of Thorns.

I have created this blog as a tool for discussing Eco-Theology and Church Greening through the Five Leaf programs. There will be two main focuses to this blog:

1. The Green Bible Challenge
Inspired by the release of the Green Bible (see www.greenletterbible.com for more information) I have decided to read through the entire Bible highlighting the passages concerned with creation and how it relates to God and man. I am challenging everyone to join me and to multiply the impact of the study by highlighting an extra Bible to donate to their church. My hope is that seeing how many verses there are in the Bible about caring for creation and discussing their meaning will inspire others to join me in the campaign to green the church.

2. As founder of Five Leaf Eco-Ministries I want to share my stories about the struggles involved in running a church greening program. I want to keep those interested in the program up to date on what is happening and to share the highs and lows. I also hope that my stories might provide inspiration and knowledge that will help others to begin greening their churches or to join the Five Leaf programs.

I will also add comments about any important environmental news and the findings of my research into church empowerment.

I hope you enjoy the journey,

Yours Sincerely,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Lessons from the Bible

Why Jesus came:
"that the world might be saved through him"
John 3:17

Who Jesus is going to use to save the world:
"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God."
Romans 8:19

Our role on earth:
"The LORD God put the man in the Garden of Eden to take care of it and to look after it."
Genesis 2:15

The Five Pillars of A Christian Theology of Sustainability

1. God is the creator, sustainer and redeemer of creation.

2. Covenantal Stewardship (we have a covenant with God as stewards of the earth).

3. The creation-fall-redemption paradigm (God made a good world; human failure broke the relationships between god, man and creation; Christ provides hope for all creation).

4.Bodily resurrection(we will rise with bodies, not as spirits)

5.New Creation (a new Heaven and new Earth refers to a renewal and an earthing of heaven, not starting over).

Adapted from When Enough is Enough: A Christian Framework for Environmental Sustainability, Edited by R.J. Berry, Published by Inter-Varsity Press, 2007, Nottingham p43+